So you think you think you might need an executive assistant, but you’re not sure where to start? Here’s help!
Suzie Barbour, our former executive director of operations, and Tricia Sciortino, CEO of BELAY, team up to answer your questions about how to get this done.
Fun fact, both Suzie and Tricia used to be my virtual assistants! They’ll answer these questions and more.
- When is the right time to hire?
- How do I find a reliable assistant?
- What competencies should I look for?
- What character traits should my assistant have?
- Could a virtual assistant work for me?
- How do I get started working with an assistant?
They also take a deep dive on their top-1o tips for working with an executive assistant. Get the details behind these reality-tested ideas:
- Get an executive assistant!
- Empower your executive assistant with information from the very start.
- Set clear expectations and goals.
- Be highly responsive.
- Fill the gap with trust
- Listen when your executive assistant challenges you.
- Get to know your executive assistant.
- Show appreciation.
- Give ownership.
Once you’ve listened to this episode, be sure to visit BELAY for free downloadables and lots more practical insight into working with an assistant. Remember, this is the most important hire you’ll ever make!
Resources from This Episode
- Your World-Class Assistant: Hiring, Training, and Leveraging an Executive Assistant by Michael Hyatt
- “25 Things You Can Delegate to an Assistant,” free download from BELAY. Text “LEADTOWIN” (all one word) to 31996.