As a leader, your words matter and you want to make them count. But speaking in public is a challenge. Even an informal presentation to the team can make you a little nervy. Speaking before the board or a group of investors is worse. What do you say? And how do you say it? This may be the most challenging thing leaders have to do.
It doesn’t have to be. Today we’re joined by master communicator and speaking coach Pat Quinn. Pat’s got a system for creating and delivering your signature talk that has produced results for business leaders, Olympic athletes, and New York Times best-selling authors. His system can work for you.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Strategies for overcoming your fear of public speaking.
- That you don’t have to be the smartest person in the room—and why.
- The importance of having both solid content and intentional delivery.
- Why being too polished can work against you.
- Tips for cracking the code on creating a great talk.
- How to banish uncertainty and begin influencing others through your words.