Our Terms and Conditions were last updated on August 1, 2022. By accessing our program or services, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
The terms and conditions outlined below are a binding agreement between you and BusinessAccelerator®. Please review carefully before using our services.
All information provided by the Client to the Coach during the course of the coaching relationship will be deemed “Confidential Information” and kept strictly confidential amongst the Coach and Supervisory Coaching Staff for quality assurance and safety compliance unless otherwise agreed in writing. The Coach will not disclose any communications, either oral or written, that have taken place either between the Client and the Coach or with regard to this Agreement other than to fulfill the purposes of this Agreement without the Client’s prior written consent.
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Company and the Coach make no guarantees, representations, or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon, and rendered. In no event shall the Company or the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential, or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Company and the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Company under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
Further, by agreeing to these Terms, the Client understands that there can be no assurance that any prior successes or past results can be used as an indication of future success or results. Making decisions based on any information presented in the Company’s products, services, or website, should be done with the knowledge that there is no guarantee of success. All products and services provided by the Company are for educational and informational purposes only. The Client agrees that the Client alone is solely responsible for personal due diligence with regard to making business decisions. The Client agrees that the Company is not responsible for the success or failure of the Client’s business or personal decisions relating to any information presented by the Company’s products or services.
By registering for the Program, submitting information through the registration process, or communicating with the Company, the Client consents to receive communications from the Company by email, phone call, mail, and other necessary means. Any communications provided to the Client satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing. In order to access certain services through the Program, the Client will be required to provide specific information. All information about the Client must be truthful.
Referring to intensives only: By agreeing to these Terms, the Client hereby expressly grants to the Company and to its officers, employees, agents, and assignees the right to use photographs, video, and/or audio recorded by the Company during all events associated with the Program. The Client expressly approves Company use of said photographs, video, and/or audio in any presentation, program, publication, product, or promotion in perpetuity. The Client understands these images/sounds may be used for commercial, educational, or informational purposes.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
Full Focus expects all users to respect the intellectual property rights of others. If the Client believes a work protected by a U.S. copyright that the Client or another owns has been posted on the Program without authorization, the Client may notify us with the following information: a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed; identification of works or materials being infringed; identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed with sufficient detail so that the Company is capable of finding and verifying its existence; the Client’s contact information including address, telephone number, and email address; a statement that the Client has a valid belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and a statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the Client is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
AMENDMENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Full Focus reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, keeping the most recent copy, with the revision date posted on businessaccelerator.com/terms.
If a dispute arises out of this Agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, the Parties agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 90 days after the notice is given. If the dispute is not so resolved, and in the event of legal action, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover attorney’s fees and court costs from the other party.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee. The Parties agree that all disputes and matters whatsoever arising under, in connection with or incident to this Agreement shall be litigated, if at all, in and before a state court located in Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee, or federal court located in Nashville, Davidson, County, Tennessee to the exclusion of any other county and state.
This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and permissible assigns. ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK & LIABILITY WAIVER
By agreeing to these Terms, the Client understands and agrees that in participating in any event that there is a possibility of physical injury. The Client voluntarily agrees, therefore, to assume all risks and responsibility for any such injury or accident which might occur during any portion of the Program.
By agreeing to these Terms, the Client exempts, releases, and indemnifies Full Focus, its owners, volunteers, assistants, employees, guest artists, faculty members, etc. from any and all liability claims, demands, or causes of actions whatsoever from any damage, loss, or injury in connection with participation in the Program.
The following sections apply to Clients participating in One-on-One Coaching.
THE COACHING RELATIONSHIP
This agreement expresses the mutual commitment of the Parties toward the success of the coaching relationship. In agreeing, the Parties understand that coaching:
- Is a comprehensive process that may involve various areas of the Client’s life, including the applicable domains identified in the Company’s LifeScore Assessment™, including spiritual, intellectual, emotional, physical, marital, parental, social, vocational, avocational and financial.
- May address specific projects, work performance, skill levels, and general conditions in the Client’s professional or personal life as they impact The Double Win™.
- Will fall within the scope of the Company’s proprietary methodologies, tools, and resources with the goal of improved personal and business health via vision, alignment, and execution.
- Requires an active, collaborative approach. The Coach will guide and facilitate the coaching process. The Client is the owner of the results and accelerates their own achievement of those results by being fully committed to the coaching appointments, actively engaged with the coaching process, executing agreed-upon action steps, tracking agreed-upon metrics, and filling out pre-session and post-session worksheets between each coaching session.
- Is not consulting and does not substitute for formal consulting if needed (i.e. Finance, Human Resources, Public Relations, etc.).
- Is not therapy and does not substitute for formal therapy if needed. In addition, it does not replace professional spiritual, psychological, medical, legal or financial advice from qualified professionals.
THE COACH’S COMMITMENT
Throughout this coaching program, the Coach will:
- Consistently review the Client’s progress against the Client’s goals and provide feedback as necessary.
- Assist the Client in determining the most high-leverage activities and achieving the desired outcomes.
- Utilize the Company’s proven and proprietary tools, processes, and other resources.
- Provide a safe, yet challenging learning environment to promote exploration, discovery, and insight.
- Engage in candid and sometimes challenging conversations.
- Take a holistic, integral approach to coaching.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the coaching relationship and any information shared during the coaching process (subject to the exemptions listed in section below entitled Confidentiality).
THE CLIENT’S COMMITMENT
To gain the most out of the coaching relationship and to maximize the Client’s results, the Client agrees to:
- Take ownership of the Client’s own mental, emotional, and physical well-being, decisions, choices, actions, and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship.
- Communicate honestly, remain open to feedback, and create the time and energy to participate fully in coaching.
- Participate in each coaching session with an open mind and a readiness to take action.
- Be willing to explore, challenge, and change old patterns and try new ways of thinking, behaving, learning, and working.
- Give themself permission to be challenged – to confront thinking, behaviors, assumptions, and feelings during the coaching sessions in support of the Client’s goals and overall growth.
- Set and keep coaching appointments, come prepared, be on time, and inform their assigned Coach of any conflicts at least forty-eight (48) hours’ in advance of the scheduled appointment.