Feeling overwhelmed? Wow, do we know what that’s like! When you’re caught in that whirlwind of tasks, it feels like you’re downrange at Top Golf. You get pelted with a new task every few seconds. It’s even worse when you don’t have a staff. With no one to delegate to, you just fall further and further behind. But there’s another way.
Though we have a good-sized staff now, it wasn’t always that way. We know what it’s like to work alone or with limited help. And we can tell you that it is possible to delegate even if you don’t have a staff.
The first thing you have to do is change your mindset. Once you begin to see the possibilities, you’ll find nearly endless opportunities to offload work. Even as a line-level staffer or solopreneur, you have options.
Here’s a Peek Inside the Episode
- How to overcome the hurdle of “I need to do it myself.” [1:43]
- How the Eisenhower Matrix can triage your to-do list. [2:55]
- Practical definitions of fake work and downhill work. [4:37]
- How AI can delegate routine tasks to your computer. [5:47]
- How to delegate quickly using templates. [8:17]
- Tips on negotiating out of previous commitments. [10:41]
- How to get “volunteer” help from coworkers. [14:37]
- Solid solutions for on-demand hiring. [17:27]
- How to get your boss to say yes to more resources. [21:17]
- Three easy steps to gracefully turn down new tasks. [24:33]
- Tips for saying no to your boss. [27:57]
Once you’ve listened to the episode, here’s what we hope you’ll do: try one solution. Pick one of these ideas and put it to work in your business. We think you’ll be blown away by the results.
Let’s Get Social!
We absolutely love connecting with listeners on social media. Right now, we’re hooked on Instagram. And yes, we do personally post and respond on these accounts! This is a great way to hear our latest thinking, get the inside track on new products, and even see a few pictures baby pictures of Naomi, the latest addition to the family. Connect with us @michaelhyatt and @meghmiller.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- SaneBox email manager
- Spark email and calendar manager
- The One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey by Ken Blanchard, William Oncken Jr., and Hal Burrows
- Belay Solutions
- Fancy Hands
- Recommendation Briefing Form
- “Need Help? Here’s How to Ask for It”Lead to Win episode
- “How to Get Your Boss to Say Yes, Part 1” by Michael Hyatt
- “How to Get Your Boss to Say Yes, Part 2” by Michael Hyatt
- “How to Get Your Boss to Say Yes, Part 3” by Michael Hyatt
- The Power of a Positive No: Save the Deal, Save the Relationship, and Still Say No by William Ury