Most people try to get more done by working more hours. Despite working longer days, we get less done. As our level of investment rises, productivity plummets. Until finally, we experience burnout. In this episode, we’re going to talk about productivity, and we’ll expose the fallacy that you can accomplish more by simply working harder. I’ll show you exactly what this approach is costing you and what to do about it.
[callout]While Michael and Megan are on a July sabbatical, we've hand-picked a few of the most popular episodes of the podcast for you to enjoy. We'll be back with more great content in August.[/callout]
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- What’s really at stake when you work too much
- How increased technology can actually decrease productivity
- Why we continually run to overwork (and what to do instead)
- The latest research on the effect of workplace stress on our health
- Steps you can take immediately to break out of unhealthy routines