As a leader, you know you should be developing a consistent reading habit, but you struggle to prioritize it. Here’s the good news—the problem isn’t what you’re reading, it’s how and why you’re reading.
In today’s episode, Michael and Megan identify four purposes for reading. If you adopt them, you’ll fall in love with reading again. You’ll be swimming in new ideas and feel on top of your game!
- Why comprehension and retention are not the most important targets.
- How many books Michael, Megan, & Larry read each year (you might be surprised).
- Suggestions for capturing ideas when you’re listening to audiobooks.
- The impact of reading on your social life and relationships.
- Why you need to read books that you may not necessarily agree with.
- Pros and cons of physical books, ebooks, and audiobooks.
- One thing leaders absolutely must have (that reading provides).