As a leader, you know vision is important. But what on earth is it? There are many conflicting voices on the subject. It’s enough to make you forget the whole thing and just focus on operations. Why is this so hard?
We’ve been refining these concepts for decades. And we’ve distilled them into four distinct documents that form the foundation for any successful business.
Forget what you’ve heard before. Adopt this simple system, and you’ll escape the fog of vague ideas and definitions. You’ll gain instant clarity on the kind of company you want to be, and how to make it happen.
In this episode, you’ll discover—
- Strategies for translating your directional ideas into clear documentation.
- The differences between vision scripts, mission statements, and other similar documents.
- How to identify where you’re going as a business, and how you’re going to get there.
- Tips on articulating your organization’s “why.”
- Ideas for dialing in exactly who you are serving.
- How to identify your boundaries so you know how to play the game well.
- Suggestions for how to learn from the past and use that knowledge to build a better future.